View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Favorite "Indie" Games

Rising Star
Different little time killer. No blood and gore. You create a garage band and try to make it big. I get a kick out of creating themed bands. The genre, the outfits, the name of the band, the names of songs. I love having the whole thing fit a specific theme.

VGA Planets 4
The ultimate game for spreadsheet gamers. More numbers and statistics than anyone can keep track of. Its been in beta since 2001 when I bought my pre-purchase serial for it. Steady development but they keep adding features. I think it will never be finished because it is now too complicated for anyone but the most insane gamer to ever try and learn it. Therefore worth mentioning to the Dom3 crowd.

Brain Pipe
Available here. A game for the wired people. Strange graphics, interesting music. Played more by mood than mind.

Tranquility
Also a very different type of game. The description would be much like Brain Pipe but the mood is the exact opposite. If you try to play it wound up you will fail. Very relaxing. Almost feels like bio-feedback. It always brings to mind that line from Start Trek "Do you know the secret of playing it? Dont fight it. It almost plays itself"

Gandalf Parker
--
Get a life? No thanks. Just had one.
Im retired now and get to play games all day. (envy me)