View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: More newbie questions II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Kindel View Post
4)Do the computer AI’s generally declare war before attacking you, or is just dependent upon the particular AI nation?
Some computer AIs will occaisionally declare war before contact. (As in, you haven't even located any of their provinces yet, let alone done anything to them.)
Quote:
7) Do you guys ever send any champions to the arena? The arena has cropped up in just about every game I’ve played. Three times I’ve sent my pretender to the arena and three times he got whacked. I decided to forego the arena in future games. What do you guys do as to the arena option & how do you maximize your survival against others with whom you’ve no idea of their ability? It seems pointless to send a weaker champion if a pretender can't even win.
I only send a champion if I have someone available whom I don't have a more immediate use for, whom I think might be able to survive at least one duel. Watch the combat replays for the last arena challenge, and then try to think of countermeasures to what the winner used.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.