View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Complete newbie can't get a scenario made to save his life ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJJ View Post
Thank you both for your patience. My confusion is coming from the fact that it seems to me that there are two different ways to get to the editor ... from the main play game screen, then also from the tab that says utilities. I do see the troop purchase screen in the help docs obviously, but it did not see specific instructions as to how to get to that screen ... I will read everything more thoroughly after the kids are in bed.
Internal map editor <> External extended map editor (for CD owners only)

External extended map editor help is in the "CD Extended features" section of the GG ...

Scenario Editor <> Either map editor

Map Editor -> Manipulates map data. Map editor is a completely separate routine. E.g - launch a generated battle and then use "view map" and then use the edit map key. You are now calling the internal map editor screen to edit the prospective map for the forthcoming game, but you are not in the scenario editor.

Scenario Editor -> Edits Scenario data, (Buy troops, place troops, set V-hexes, edit units, Set formation reaction turns, set start line for user campaign scenario, etc) of which the map data is only a single (large) data block. (Maps can be saved off individually). Scenario Editor includes a link to call the internal map editor (just like the view map function) , but when you are editing a map - you have temporarily left the Scenario Editor.

However, casual users tend to refer to "The Editor" as the inclusive set of (Scenario Editor + Internal Map Editor).

Andy