View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM

Private

getter77 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT Knights of the Chalice

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.R. Krol View Post
Funny you should post this, I just saw it mentioned on a blog and downloaded the demo a little bit ago. I'm extremely impressed with what I've seen so far. Of course I imagine anyone who doesn't fondly remember the old school will probably take one look at the screenshots and run away laughing.
Oddly enough, I "missed" this entire lot of generational games outright and this was my initiation to this viewpoint and style outright. The power of being 24 and starting with an NES(Well, unless you cound my time with what I think was a C64 during a trip to Turkey playing Usagi no Yojimbo...) and not really discovering PC's until waaay on down the line. Needless to say, I survived and hope other folk will too. In time, you do get used to it and it becomes swell.

There's a 1.04 patch incoming based off initial player feedback and there is strong encouragement on the part of the developer for people to communicate such feedback as if it is feasible outside of obvious bug smashing he is open to hear it.

Also, you can come across some well put together trailer fare on youtube if you run a search for Knights of the Chalice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6OLpqEZMAE Here's the old official one where things are improved much...some fan vids wrangle the rest thus far.

Last edited by getter77; August 11th, 2009 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: helpful addition