Zinegata is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Changing Support Point Totals in Campaigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinegata View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martock View Post
I've always added 1 set of ammo bunkers and 2 sets of ammo trucks to my core for the very reason you listed of increased survival.
For my MBT campaigns I generally do add some ammo sections as well as part of the company's organic resupply team, largely to resupply units with low ammo (ATGM teams in particular).

In WW2 I tend not to buy ammo trucks at all except for Defense missions. It's rare that you'll run out of bullets for a company-sized action, though there was one mission where my Polish Matildas were reloading while under fire from Italian tanks. Somehow the Italians had 60+ tanks coming after us. It was a whole fraking Armored Division!
I can definitely see that at the ATGM's of SPMBT - as for WW2, I do so as I tend to have mortars, on-board artillery, and quite a few engineers / snipers. I tend to have to reload the snipers more often than others. Having 1 set of Supply Bunkers, even at 200+ a set, has been well worth it to me. I've lost quite a few units to ammo trucks going up and them being adjacent. I've learned from that mistake but occasionally it does happen.
For company level actions I tend not to use a lot of artillery - I usually have around just 4 or 5 missons and the starting ammo is usually enough especially since I tend to go for a set of off-map tubes.

Snipers do tend to have an ammo problem in WW2 though.