View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:25 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Agartha, Pale ones - a study in darkness (CBM)

Nice guide! Just a couple of notes... The minor Death bless combined with the low precision of the artillery really racks up the afflictions on those close to and behind the front line. I started with 5 troglodytes in one expansion army and after a short while noticed that three of them were either limping or crippled. Kind of funny actually... Anyway my solution was to either not care too much or delay/don't bless during indy expansion.

Also, I think a GoRed Umbral is quite a nice thug. Not as nice as a Golem, but cheaper and easier to access even without Nature on your pretender due to the prevalence of indy Nature sites and mages. Like others have noted, I too have found Astral to be a little hard to come by in some games. Playing Argatha quite similar to your guide has never left me short on Death gems though. I think your guide could say more about Umbrals. They are pretty amazing IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfb View Post
The Forge Lord can only forge one thing a month, and if he's doing that, he's not doing all the other wonderful things pretenders can do. So, I don't think it's too much.
I don't know, I usually choose a pretender to do mostly one thing or a couple of things and I would pick the Forge Lord to do mostly forging and occasionally ritual magic.