View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:48 AM

Corporal

RadicalTurnip is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spells that arguably break the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Second: Pearls are worth more than other gems (specifically 2:1 once wish is available). Having to use pearls to dispel a non-pearl global at 1:1 is a losing proposition. Sea of Ice is again especially painful here due to using W gems. At low-level casts the low base cost makes up for some of the disparity, but once someone plows 200 extra gems into a global you're pretty screwed in terms of gem trade. Note that this exacerbates the first problem, since in addition to having to use more "expensive" gems you're also virtually guaranteed to waste a good chunk of them in the dispel roulette.
Well, you could always overwrite and then kill your guy off, if you don't want to waste the astral. With death and water, it's not too hard to get a D/W 3 up to D/W 5 with boosters, then cast, take the boosters off, and go kill him into someone's PD...Granted, still not a winning solution, but it could be better than the alternative.

Quick Anecdote: In a recent MP game I was steamrolling the last 2 opponents before I fought the other super-power, and so I put up BoT because I also had a pretty strong Gift of Health and I though I could summon some fairy queens for the difference. Well, after a handful of turns, I eventually realized after reading something on the boards: my enemy was LA R'lyeh. Their mages have thousands of years to go before they get old I quickly dispelled it (I had AN up too) and won because of my superior global and artifact position (and I think he gave up without really staying to duke it out).