View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2010, 06:25 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vanarus, Machaka Lion Kings etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0rsuk View Post
Maybe it's time to talk Kristoffer into giving LA Mictlan some special units recruitable underwater ?* Rain priests' description mentions they would love nothing more than to return to the sea. Yet player has no particular reason to go there. They use people of Mictlan as means to the goal.

* I've inspired him to add the sleepless infantry and the astral mages to LA Atlantis. So it can be done :>
What's the lore on Aztecs and the sea? My first wild thought would be to give them a really simple ability to shapeshift into a basic turtle. I like the idea of spellcasters having secondforms, fairly ubiquitously, even/especially if those forms seem to offer little other than increased flavour.

My second thought is that I'd like to see Fomorians, as kings of the drowned dead, have additional powers while underwater. Has anything been done with that, with CBM? Is there a good way to give them the demon priest ability to raise undead while underwater?

Kristoffer is a very nice man, and a wonderful Dev, but my personal experience is that he seems to run away from the idea of player suggestions directly becoming official content, due to concerns about legality and copyright laws (a concern which I don't really understand). So, if you've managed that, my hat goes off to you, B0rsuk.