View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,496 Times in 2,715 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SP with better Graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeeg View Post
I have to agree with what Antonm says. I think there is a large (for a niche market) segment of current, ex (and potential future players) of Steel Panthers (original, winsp and spwaw)waiting for a modern interface, updated 2d graphics and maps and support for wide screen, true color displays. It is a topic that keeps being posted every few months on every steel panthers forum I follow. It is my favorite game, as is...but I would love to see it updated.
We already support widescreen. The Beta test was run with winSPMBT and will be introduced in the next patch for CD owners. As for the rest ......if we did contemplate that type of extensive update ( and we don't... ) it WOULD require a full rewrite of the code and if we did a full rewrite of the code it wouldn't be "Steel Panthers" any longer because we wouldn't waste thousands of hours more modifying existing code with all the imposed restrictions that entails. IF we were going to do that we would have done it 5 years ago and had we done that five years ago we *might* be at the Beta stage now and for absolute certain there would be no winspww2 or winspmbt .

As for the "large niche Market" all I can say is.....there is nothing "large" about the market for this type of computer wargame. Never has been, never will be no matter how fancy the graphics are

Don