Thread: Mod CBM 1.7 released
View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CBM 1.7 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
In fact clams were only 2w 10 gems in d2, and so the cost and trouble to get them was hugely increased but still they remained very important part of winning strategies despite that, so I don't think any reasonable cost increase can change that. They should be somehow limited to the actual size of player's lands or gem income from sites to make them comparable with other investment options, unfortunately it can't be done with modding tools we have.
Well, sea trolls (kings) are gem-gens, but they aren't much used that way since 55 gems is a quite steep price, and waiting 54 turns to get an investment back is quite long. I doubt people would clam with such long investments. Of course, astral pearls > water gems, but still.

And I agree with llamabeast that such things are game-size-dependant. Early game is way more important in a 4 player game than in a 12 player game.

Quote:
What?..... Am I the only one that plays T'ien Ch'i as a sacred rush nation?
Do you imply they could be played differently??? But in EA the earlier summons are just better because they can be summoned faster.