View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:27 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCENARIOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
All right, my first scenario is ready:
Good scenario, good map! Especially if this is your first...!

Played it through, but made it into a two scenario campaign and swapped Player 1 Nation to Sweden and set build points to the same as the value of the original Polish force.

This will upset the intended balance of the scenario but it is fun to play because it is somewhat more unpredictable than the generated games (and it allows for some playtesting of a user OOB I'm trying to develop for Sweden).

My force was made up of:

Elements of Infantry Brigade type 77:

Brigade-Infantry battalion type 77 (4 companies, motorised)
Brigade AT Company (motorised)
Brigade ATGM Company (TOW, motorised)
Brigade Engineer Company
Brigade Tracked AT Company (IKV91 tank destroyers)

Elements of Armored Brigade type 66:

Armoured-battalion type 66 (2 tank companies, 2 mechinf companies, 1 arty bty).
Pioneer Company (motorised)
AT Company (TOW, mech)
Armoured Recce Company
AA Platoon (RBS70, mech)

Support Elements:

AA Platoon (40mm Bofors, motorised)
AA Company (RBS70)
AA Platoon (RBS90)
Artillery Battalion (155mm off map)
Strike Element x2 (AJ37 with Maverick)

I deployed the infantry battalion in company positions along frontline reinforced with the AT companies and Bde Engineer company. The bulk of the Armoured companies and the Recce company was kept back for counterattacks.

The American air and artillery preparation caused heavy losses, especially nasty was a series of A-10 strikes that wiped out a full infantry company on a truckborne road march. The American hammerblow in the south fell upon one engineer company and a second infantry company, both were virtually destroyed in the fighting although it was possible to stall the American attack. I used the Armoured Recce Company as a reserve fighting formation although this is a big no-no as the Recce is rather weak - but I had nothing else to use to plug the hole in the south.

Elsewhere the fighting was somewhat less dramatic but I took major losses especially my own tanks and APCs were easy meat for the US weapon systems with TI. Of course given that a human player will always have the advantage over the AI and the fact that I could deploy my full force from the get go tilted the scenario in my favour but it was still a hard fought scenario, and great fun. Took me until turn 34 to finish the whole thing.
Big and gritty, my kind of game...!