View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:10 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troubling Times: Game over, Marverni wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandav View Post
I wad going to spend 999 gems next turn to try to overwrite your Arcane Nexus: how many gems did you spend?
Less

In fact I had cast a relatively small nexus, (around 250 gems if I recall) with the idea to overcast it to 999 myself next turn too with the help of the gems it generated. I did get less pearls than I expected though, ("only" 190, while had hoped for 300'ish and expected 250 by taking my gem income and multiplying it with the total # of provinces.) so I'm guessing I would have delayed my overcasting a turn, meaning you would have gotten control.

I also have a "literariy critique" type question: As I said, I had started writing an AAR for this game, but discontinued it due to it being a lot of work.

I still do have the ambition of trying it sometime though, perhaps for a smaller and/or no-diplomacy game (No promises, I am a lazy bum, and at 31 I don't think that's likely to change.) and thought it would be intresting to see if anyone would be intrested in reading this kind of AAR before going through the effort again, or if most people would think it far too long-winded or something like that. So, attached the result of my labors to this post to see what people think.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Real Druids have arrived.rar (2.45 MB, 237 views)

Last edited by Amhazair; March 19th, 2011 at 10:29 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amhazair For This Useful Post: