View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can i have English Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkvd-crazyivan View Post
Hi all this is my first time playing WINSPWW

I have had all the Stellpanthers series for years...

Just got back to the game everything works as it should i love the new screen res..

Just a couple of QS......
Can i get back the generic names in English for the unit names, because even though i am learning when choosing German units be for battle etc its very hard for me to quickly scan and select units when they have there native names.

It was much easer and quicker to just look up German commandos etc etc ... i know most of the unit names but i don't want to really have to go through picture and unit states to pick what i want.

Also is there anyway to speed up the battles when the AI is having its turn i know in SPWAW you could just keep hitting a key to speed up things.
The game is easy to "speed" up if you know which settings to alter. After double right-clicking on the game in Windows navigate to the "Misc" tab.

My settings are:

Map Scroll Sensitivity Zone 16 Pixels
Scroll Speed 35 Milliseconds
Show ID Numbers No
Show most rangers in Hexes
Shotgun V-Hex% 25
Interface Mouse Click On
Graphics Delay 22 Milliseconds
Unit Move Delay 25 Milliseconds

These last two options are the most important, you can try my settings but you may need to use lower or higher numbers as your game speed is dependent on the power of your computer.

Within the game itself, in the preference menu, I turn the message delay all the way down so that it is off.

With the following tips you should be able to make the game go as fast or as slow as you desire.

--------St. Thomas Aquinas