View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2012, 04:47 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conquest of Elysium 3 dev log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
You still make too serious a case. They work, they have a family, and they have a hobby.
THIS is a hobby. There are some things that are fun, and some things about it are not so fun.
People who understand this, go for the fun aspect when pitching.

Seriously, the people who are the worst about this strike me as the people who should most understand it. I get the impression that they also, when confronted with "suggestions" full of insults and dares, would decide "I have plenty to do so no I dont think I will appear to give in to your rants". I know I have thruout my life. Might not have been the smartest thing in the world but it was more satisfying.

IT IS A HOBBY. AND IT IS FUN.
Keep trying to turn it into something else and tell them how to do it so that you dont have to ask nicely. Thats ok with me. I no longer have to water it down to try and get it implemented so you can sit here and rant all you care to.
It's not about giving into rants, it's about objectively deciding what's best for the software or in this case the game. As referencing my last example... even if a rude, foul mouthed, snobbish merchant arrived offering to magically enchant training equipment then it's wise to take the merchants offer. Any king or software developer has made unwise decisions when allowing his anger or ego or personality to block "good ideas". No matter how it's delivered... a good idea is still a good idea. Another more simple example would be diamonds... a 2K diamond deep in the mud and animal waste is still extremely valuable.