View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

Peter Ebbesen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Empowering a Wendigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by parone View Post
im dubbing around with a wendigo in a game that's pretty much over for me. i love the unit thematically. and it's fun to try to build him up. but do you think he is actually usefull? i've only had him about 3 turns, and he seems underwhelming.
Wendigos are incredibly good and a bargain for the gem cost - if they live long enough, that is.

And that's the tradeoff. You get a first rate SC 12 turns down the road (or sooner than that if it participates in combat) that is also a native W4D4 caster, and thus easily able to summon Tartarians or spam Ghost Riders with proper gear, and you get it on the cheap in gems, but it is a strategic asset that takes time to develop, and that time is very much a part of the cost.

The best way to grow a Wendigo quickly that I've found is to let it patrol a province that is frequently subject to scout attacks (such as a chokepoint province) together with something powerful enough to drive off any minor raid. For every victory in battle the Wendigo grows one step.