Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: YARG3, non newb MA+ENP2 RAND game. Executor's Ulm winner on turn 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
Calahan, I moved that stack b/c Ctis was massing armies on my borders in that area. I wanted a military presence in the area so that my lands wouldn't seem like easy picking.
I haven't got the turns to hand right now, but was the province next to the Eriu cap the only province you could move to so that you covered the C'tis angle? Wasn't that army all MM2 or MM3? And to me it seemed C'tis's movements were very consistant with simply "grabbing a bit of Eriu", and I saw no intent against Van or Svag (although you may have different intel and view). But if that is the case then it looks like we both had little faith in our neighbours As you moved in reaction to C'tis, and I moved in reaction to your reaction.
Was it province 127?- If so, I moved there b/c earlier I grabbed from Eriu a good chunk of land to the south. When I saw Ctis making a quick grab for these lands I moved this army as sort of a "stop" go no further sign.
Turn 66 - I took out Eriu's cap PD with Zmey's.

Turn 67 - You captured the Eriu fort at 169 with a significant army, and captured 156 with a bunch of Treants (a former Svag province it seems given site search info). While on the same turn I stormed the Eriu cap.

Turn 68 - I capture the Eriu cap and a huge force of yours arrives in 156 (the prov next to Eriu cap), made up of mainly the large force that captured 169. I am then forced to converge a large force on the Eriu cap to hold the walls in case you attack. (I was seriously thinking of attacking Ulm this turn while Shiny still had some life left, but this made me forget all about that)

Turn 69 - Your large force moves away to 164 (I think) and I send my converged force in Eriu out back in the direction of Ulm where they mostly came from.

So it was your large troop arrival in 156 on turn 68 that sent me the wrong vibes.