Thread: Shotguns
View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:06 PM

Corporal

Firestorm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shotguns

HICKOK45 has an interesting youtube channel, BTW. Going to watch more of his vids when I have a better internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
I would agree with your assesment, shame he used chipboard looked like a old kitchen worktop so no way to gauge the power as you could break it with a solid punch. At that range the trajectory was obviously not good, he had a lot of drop off as his shots were widely spaced verticaly.
My other halfs brother is a hunter by trade & now uses a crossbow, its his job so hes a very good shot. Even so he reckons you really need to get the drop on anything over 60-70 metres as hitting a moving target past that is nigh impossible. With the heavy bolts he uses it will take down a deer at that range & I can remember he said the shot drops a foot at 70 metres.
My family raises cattle and we had a big problem with coyotes when I was growing up. My siblings and I used to take them on the run with our lever-action rifles (which also generally have crappy ballistics, and we were often on horseback when trying to do this too). You couldn't really bet on hitting them at more than 60 meters, but sometimes we'd get lucky.

Last edited by Firestorm; October 19th, 2012 at 08:33 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Firestorm For This Useful Post: