View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:26 AM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Red OOB T-55M

Quote:
Your example by the way 1000m (20 hexes) thats at least 2 turns to cover the ground if the other tanks stop which would be logical given they are better off engaging at range or even start reversing. Thats at least 3 rounds of fire - opfire own turn opfire now possibly in range, I would expect far more than 5 smoking tanks at those ranges.
They would absolutely have to go for elaborately planned flank/defilade shots. Seven (not five) tanks would have to work together in a pincer, with five on frontal charge suicide duty and the other two coming in afterwards from the flank. If the target is in a hull down position and only turret hits are possible, or if they have a series of covered smoked off overwatch positions, then my plan isn't going to work at all.

Actually I think T-55s are a waste of money even, Red can buy downgraded low morale BMPs for 30 points in MISC.

Quote:
Of course swarming vs a human is way harder all he has to do is place a few cheap infantry to protect it.
And this would work too, but can be a pyrrhic strategy because then your tanks have to slow down.

Well, you're right, bad idea all around. I stick by the 13 point insurgent bands though. Satchels are fun to throw at least.