View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why do you play dominions?

For the record, and if anyone thinks I'm just being anal or pursuing a personal vendetta, the reason I react here is because I think these vaguely insulting posts about other forums and people is really harmful to the community. It is also not the first time Gandalf does it.

In fact, the vagueness makes it worse and more insulting. If you really have to insult or post your own biased description of someone else, then at least spell out your target directly so he/she/they has a reasonable chance to answer for themself. You are being MORE inflammatory and insulting when doing it indirectly or with lack of clarity.

I maintain that Gandalfs post was framed in a way that made it look like a decription of dom3mods, and a very insulting one. Especially since it was made in a thread that started with a misplaced whine about dom3mods it was the most logical interpreteation. I don't really care if there was some other intention also, because it should be perfectly simple to make posts that does not have these vibes about them.

This type of posts, both Parones and Gandalfs, brings the various strands of our community further apart and creates false images of big attitude differencies and polarized opinions that just aren't there in reality.

I wan't the community to get stronger and also less divided, because with a less divided community we could have so much more high end content going like for example official tournaments, a dedicated user friendly blitz server, automated score tracking and solid HoF statistics and so on and so forth. I actively work for these things and since I feel this nonsense and spreading of stupid rumors undermines the possibility to get there, it just pisses me the **** off.

I'm might a hot headed ***** with a big foul mouth and maybe I wen't too far in this thread, but I'd rather be a bit blunt than silent. Parone may be excused by having actually taken a beating here, but It's simply not ok for an influential long time member of the community to go on like that.