Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,720 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Usmc oob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy1339 View Post
There were also good changes, such as that the M728's 165 mm gun actually fires HESH rounds now, but it seems like a lot of things were changed to make them less historically accurate than in previous versions.
Good point!
This is one I overlooked.
I don't have access to the exact weapon formulas used in the game, Don, Andy, what should the stats for a 165mm HESH round be?

As you say in post #9, you're the author of this OOB so you get to answer the questions. The quote in the first part acknowledges that the 165mm gun fired HESH rounds and that we have it set up as a HESH gun. This was done for winSPMBT v7 so that is a year and a half old news now and when it was changed to a HESH weapon in 2013 the specs were changed from what was there previously when it was set up as WC#7.

That said, the HESH issue is secondary to the main point of that paragraph and this is
Quote:
"a lot of things were changed to make them less historically accurate than in previous versions"
and that comment is ALL YOURS to deal with as it has nothing to do with adding HESH to the game in 2013

However I will confirm that some things *may* be off by a year or two as all the factors that make up picklists were taken into account. Right now the USMC picklist is the most complicated picklist in the game but it could have been at least twice the size it is now to accommodate all the little nit picking details like EXACTLY when weapons went in and out of service and the decision was made to pare it down to a more manageable size.

The first question I'd ask Sammy1339 is how long he served in the USMC and just where he " looked up " the info for the M202

Don