View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2016, 09:16 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Question about Preference settings

You might want to consider setting your artillery to fast artillery to speed the process up as well. The AI has always in my experience, liked to buy artillery. Another reason why I'm set to AI Tank Heavy-On/Fast Artillery-On/and as a more personal choice Artillery Effectiveness to 90%.

With AI Tank Heavy-OFF and this going back to my early playing days, the AI seemed more infantry heavy and definitely more arty heavy as well beyond what it still likes to buy now. A slight exaggeration but, not by much, on my old PC XP SP3 when running it with 3GB of RAM I had time to go to the "reading room" and the the AI Arty phase would just be finishing-the airstrikes didn't seem so bad then!?!

But I understand your pain-but there have been some software fixes I believe over the years since and the above might get you back some time as well.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: