National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Command Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDirtbag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
1) Without radio contact the platoon commander can rally any section of his platoon, if within about 5 hexes (no LOS), about 10 (500m) if the element is in LOS.

2) The company commander can do the same for any elements in his company to the same ranges, if without radio contact.

3) The Battle Group commander can also rally any subordinates without radio contact to the same distances and circumstances.

4) Contact is determined at the start of your phase. ordinary elements are determined for their platoon leader, leaders for the next formation level up.

NB - sometimes (and rarely) contact is allowed beyond 10 hexes with no LOS or radio link. Assume someone sent a runner/liaison officer to find them.

Cheers
Andy
Is there any reason why a platoon commander (w/ rally points available) would not help rally a subordinate who is in contact? Is there an additional "roll" that I'm unaware of? I feel like I'm missing something.
I know this is an old post, but hopefully you can help me out. Thanks in advance,
Shawn
SP rallies down the command chain. The highest leader available rallies a unit first in the SP universe. Once he has exhausted his rallies, the next down has a go, and finally the unit leader is the final one to have a go.

Therefore it is usually best to check the platoon CO first as if he is in need of rallying from pinned you want him to do his own unit first. Otherwise you might end up with rallied subordinates and a still pinned platoon and/or company CO holding any advance up.

I have thought about rewriting the rally code to the (logical) sequence of lowest leader till rallies are expended, then platoon, etc (- i.e. up the command hierarchy) but have never quite got round to it.

cheers
Andy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: