Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2017, 12:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I'll assume no issues with my last post. I wanted to get a time frame on the video I submitted in my last post and it was 11 August 2017 this next is from 15 August 2017 as posted. At 1:19 into the video I paused it to get a count of how many LEOPARD 2RI tanks I saw and that number is 8. That makes sense for the first shipped number of LEOPARD 2RI tanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aRnBvX444g

Only doing this to try and "frame" a timeline for you to work from for a start date.

I'm still thinking that they are under an "operational evaluation" period as I discussed in my last post as well.

For what it's worth, I'm not thinking anything before JAN 2018 earliest. I'll stick my neck out further, and suggest that the LEOPARD 2RI should be operational/accepted by JUN 2018 latest.

Concerning the LEOPARD 2A4+, I've done some more checking this morning since my last post, and I have to tell you personally, I'm satisfied that the Canadian LEOPARD 2A4(M)CAN is a 2A4+ and is the correct tank to use for the Indonesian LEOPARD 2A4+. Again as I posted in my last. The start date should still be good as well as JAN 2014.

Just trying to cover my tracks here as best as I can based on my more current data since I submitted the LEOPARD 2A4+ back in 2013.

Hope this was more help than hindrance to you. And it's that time of day again, so I hope all have a good day and weekend.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: