Thread: AAR Hammer and Anvil
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2018, 09:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hammer and Anvil

There is so rework and delay on The Duck Hunt scenario that is about to come up - it is expected to be easy one, but thus it needs proper calcuation of acceptable losses
But a couple of days should do it.

As to the Hammer & Anvil, in case there is a rational doubt: if you take a look at Roman in real life, the "right" Siret bridge is of little value to the Romanians. As scenario designer I though of clearly western bridges that you hold in this outcome. This generally gives you a firm win, you saved the brigade, but losses were high.

Luckily, Ukrainian forces of best quality focus on Slovakia and southern Poland in my vision, Romanian theatre is secondary, thus only southern military oblast Ukrainian troops are supporting the Russians here - and I am counting out a number of brigades entirely, since in WW3 universe Ukraine was taken by force just in 2015 and Ukrainian military is demoralized, sometimes even forcefully conscripted.

Here is Roman area with the eastern Siret bridge marked. Siret makes a huge turn in here, it's in fact literally a u-turn.

https://i.imgur.com/pS8G9iD.jpg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post: