Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2020, 09:45 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,247 Times in 934 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

After duty called, I'm back to "Independent Ops" so...

Don,
Below is what I'm seeing as the difference between the Dutch LEOPARD 2A6NL UNIT 037(Tank #!) and the Finns LEOPARD 2A6 UNIT 021(Tank #2)

What is it that I'm missing when looking at what I see in the game as the differences between the 2 tanks.

I see the following differences in the same areas when I pull them up in my game Version 14.

DUTCH TANK #1
EW: 0
WEAPONS: 120mm L55 WG 01/7.62mm FN CMG/7.62mm FN AAMG
STABILISER: 6

FINNISH TANK#2
EW: 4
WEAPONS: 120mm L55 WG 06/7.62mm MG3 CMG/7.63mm MG3 AAMG
STABILISER: 5

Help to understand please what I'm missing.

Again I bring up the DID reference as it's totally in compliance with others concerning the tank deal for the LEOPARD 2A6 between the Netherlands and Finland as signed in 2014 with deliveries between 2015 and 2019.

"What’s left of the Dutch tank fleet has been sold to Finland. The Finnish Minister of Defence just approved the proposal to buy 100 Leopard 2A6NL external link main battle tanks, plus spare parts for 10 years, combat simulators, maintenance simulators, special tools and testing equipment, and ammunition. At EUR 200 million, that’s less than EUR 2 million per tank. The Finns don’t have a huge tank force, and the new vehicles will become the country’s entire front line tank fleet after they’re delivered between 2015 – 2019."

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...inland-020936/

That above, all pertains only to the LEOPARD 2A6 tanks. Again "what a hell-of-va deal" at only 2 million Euros per Tank.

Now I really need some TOP GEAR so as to relax the rest of my "Saturday" off.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 4th, 2020 at 11:20 PM..