View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2023, 03:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,494 Times in 2,714 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: 2023 winSPMBT V17 upgrade/Patch info

* Observers with GPS are only charged 2-time units to shift out of LOS fires, not 3-time units

Here are new special hotkeys that allow adjustments while the AI turn is active

* The plus '+' and minus '-' keys will zoom the map in and out
* The '[' key turns Fast arty ON
* The ']' key turns Fast arty OFF
* The 'u' key toggles smoke on and off
* The 'i' key toggles ID tags on and off
* The 's' key toggles game sounds on and off
* The 'p' key brings up the preference screen

It sometimes takes a second or 2 to register while the AI finishes whatever action it is currently engaged in. So, you now can, for example, turn on or off fast arty to either speed up a bombarment or slow it down for closer observation while the AI turn is in progress.

* All Nations can now lay mines again but Nations that signed the Ottawa Treaty will only generate Anti-vehicle mines

* Unit class 125 is now "Drone" and is a separate clone of light helicopter to separate RPAS type drones from helicopter formations.

* Size 0 Drones cannot be targeted by SAMS with warhead > 8

* There was a bug that popped up when a map was made that used both a city grid and lakes that allowed troops to be place in what seemed to be buildings on solid ground but were not and this drowned the units on the next turn. This appears to be corrected now

ADDED April 23/2023
  • It is now possible to once again let the AI play the AI and the game will not pause at the end of both turns every time allowing continuous AI vs AI play

ADDED April 24/2023
  • You can now use a two-word search string in Scenhack search. The only restriction is there must only be a single space between the two words.

ADDED April 25/2023

There are Alternate mine symbols added to winSPMBT.
Original Alternates .

Players wishing to switch from one to the other can find a folder named Mine Alternate located in the Graphics folder and contains a "Mine warning sign icons" subfolder and an "Original Mine Icons" subfolder. There are simple instructions on how to COPY ( do not MOVE ) one or the other into your game. Copying the files allows you to change from one to the other easily. This will have NO EFFECT on PBEM games

PLEASE NOTE: For winSPMBT the new alternative Mine symbols will show up as the default set. For winSPWW2 the originals will show up as the default set

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..

Last edited by DRG; April 29th, 2023 at 01:19 PM..
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: