View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2024, 10:18 PM

Corporal

lansoar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Free Elevation tanks

Hi Mobhack,

I'm curious here. As both a WW2 and MBT player, I tend to see the Stabilizer variable as being rather limited in terms of flexibility given the small range of values utilized. For example, going from pre WW2 to 2024, the range varies from 0-6, with notable advancements mostly coming in the post WW2 situation.

I'm interested in hearing the devs take on this variable as I had in the past the displeasure of participating in old WW2 threads where some participants would argue up and down that the existence of a "stabilizer" en masse for the US Army gave them a "major" advantage during that war. (represented in the game as "1")

My opinion has always been that that is a gross exaggeration given that true fire on the move capability didn't evolve till well after WW2 and during the cold war escalations in technology. I've read many of the anecdotal accounts during WW2 and it seems to be that a stab level of "1" basically represented a slight advantage if a tank was moving slowly over fairly even terrain. otherwise, it was mostly used as a "travel lock" Level 2 presented a primitive but more comprehensive level of stabilization and 3 to 3+ representing the realm of true fire on the move capability.
The Following User Says Thank You to lansoar For This Useful Post: