Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2024, 01:23 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I have to get up in just a few hours for an eye appointment so, I'm just going to just hit the highlights.

1. Romania in May will start field and live firing tests of the export version of the South Korean K2.

If these tests are successful it'll lead to a final contract for 300 units.

There is NO TIMELINE for deliveries. And based on the below probably our ready built export version won't make it in the game due to the following.

2. As I've already posted, South Korea has already started a 4th batch of K2 tanks comprising of 150 units. Deliveries are to start from 2024 - 2028. There is fallout from this.

A. It now looks like the M48A3K/A5K will be around until the deliveries are completed.

Yeah, I know based on what we had at the time (Info.) I believe we have started phasing them out. If we went END for the M48A3K in DEC. 2024, I would recommend leaving it as such.

The M48A5K I believe was set for END DEC. 2025.

B. The K2 production was supposed to have ended after the 2nd batch was delivered.

Then I reported a 3rd batch was approved with final deliveries having been completed last Fall.

C. The story ends here with the "death nil" for the K2 PIP we worked on about 4-5 years ago. Don and I had been discussing its deletion as recently as last year.

He'll correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe we held off due to the fact that at the time of working last year's Patch we didn't have a final decision on moving forward on the 4th batch from South Korea.

That changed at the end of last year when it was announced. We can SAFELY Delete the K2 PIP now.

South Korea is already looking beyond the "PIP" as I believe I posted already and is still about to or recently has finished the production run for the heavily modernized K1A2 as submitted last year. I've used it and it's playing as expected.

Don I gotta get to the rack or else someone won't be very happy with me.

I'll get you those Unit numbers later today early evening.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...quisition.html

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: