View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2024, 07:03 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,240 Times in 928 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Black Screen Flicker

First what have I done...
All my Virus Scans (8 types) to include also Off-line and MS Malicious Software Tool.

Tried running from the Desktop Icon, Open, Run as Administrator.

Rebooting the PC.

The "flicker" issue is still occurring though less so, however, a I believe a newer but related issue has cropped up with both of my games so the below reflects the same exact symptoms for both games.

From the desktop when I click on the icon the main screen comes up normally. I can access EVERY option on that screen with the exception that I cannot access the game screen (To bring up my saved games etc.).

When I do get to that screen (Handful of times.) the game screen will show up on a gray background, right of center, stretched out "flat" to the right at about a 20-degree angle.

In the lower left part of the gray screen, I'll see the upper 1/4 of the same player option page at the same angle as above.

I'm NOT seeing any other graphic/video card issues with any other usage on my PC.

I'm really starting to think this is now all related, that when I play the game, the flickering starts within about an hour into (Sometimes sooner.) it when it does appear. With this latest issue I'm having, on top of the above, I believe my graphics card might be on the way out. Gaming as we all know is generally more stressful on a GCard. Though our game compared to many others is more like a "walk in the park" verses "driving on a freeway".

Constructive thoughts?

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..