Old May 26th, 2006, 02:03 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troop Quality in preferences

Quote:
Mobhack said:
Quote:
Charles22 said:
I can't see them dealing with bunkers with that peashooter, even if it is worthy of that 6 AP rating (salvo is another matter of course). So this would mean that they used salvo on fortresses? Did they do anything to increase velocity later? Is there a later high-velocity version?
Max 6AP at the muzzle + some chance of some or all of the WH size of 3 being added = max at the muzzle (unlikely) of 9 cm.

Then at short range, if the hit % gets over about 90%, and depending on experience-relatred rolls, extra pen for a critical hit. (but I would only expect 1 or 2 for this gun if so).

Tiger side armour is 8, so zero deflection shots with all the ducks in a row at point blank range may well get through. But I would not bet the farm on it!

Panther side is 5, so I would expect a reasonable chance at maybe 150-200 metres.

Bunkers have 6 or 8 armour, and in any case are somewhat permeable - rifle/MG rounds (or shells) will sometimes "go through a slit" and cause casualties. Bunkers are NOT treated as AFV armour.

Cheers
Andy
Yes, I always thought the recent treatment of bunkers was a bit peculiar, as it seemed that the slit was too much accomodated for. It used to be the front had the heaviest armor, but now it's the worst. It look as though peopel went to an extreme to accomodate the slit and left most of them very vulnerable to AP shot instead. In that respect certainly NO gun scarecely has a problem with them. I'm curious if there isn't some way that the slits can be better balanced (just as a sidenote).

IOW, if it's possible, find some way to where the armor is bucked up, but the chance of hitting it is increased, or better yet the chance of the weak point sort of hit being fairly large. So, let's say you have a bunker with 10 armor all around, but the front is sort of cheated because of the slit, therefore a 2 rating. Couldn't that armor be bucked up to a ten, but the weakpoint hit chance increased as oppossed to the rate of weak points on tanks? What's more, the weak point hit damage could be much vaster than what we typically see in this game, like a +10 AP hit or something. That may not be doable but it seems to make more sense than a 2 armor rating. What do you think? Impossible?