View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2022, 01:26 PM

Private

The_Think_Tanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abadan Peninsula Black Screen - Bug

So I've tested with the map text on and...hooray! It works flawlessly and I've not encountered a black screen with the text off. However, turning it off and on doesn't seem to work for me, even though it worked for Andy.

I've tested by editing the map text off/on in the map editor, and saving myself and I still ran into the black screen. I tried dropping in the editing map file zipped above and it still gave me a black screen. So it seems that whatever Andy did to fix it on his end still persists on mine, for some reason. I've confirmed the text definitely seems to be the problem, because if I am mid-left on the map and turn it on in the deployment screen it immediately gives me a black screen.

So Don, your solution appears to of worked which I am immensely grateful for, but I cannot seem to "cure" the text on this map like Andy did. Is there anyway to mass-remove text from a map? As the biggest problem I am now encountering is that the map turns the text 'on' by default anytime I load it. I'll keep retrying the proposed solution and see if I can quash this bug through repetition, or if trying a different way seems to work. Thank you both for your timely responses and valuable feedback, as I seem to be able to temporarily quash the problem, which is appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Think_Tanker For This Useful Post: