View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2022, 04:17 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Updates in light of Ukraine war

War have been fought not necessarily to conquer other people in general, but to conquer the land they live in. To "Expand the Empire" loosely speaking and to take advantage of the geographical and resource situation.

Russia does definitely want to take Ukraine in the long haul. However, their near terms tactical and strategic goals have faltered thus far the drive on Kiev has stopped and with a counter offensive to the NW/NNW and the stiff resistance they are encountering along the S/SE Coast.

Those goal were 1. Take out the capital and Decapite the government. I would argue the following is of more importance 2. Establish a "land bridge" in Eastern Ukraine from the breakaway providences to Crimea and onward to Odessa which would consolidate their 2014 gains and essentially also give them unchallenged control of both the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea.

Anyone seeing where I'm going yet?

About those resources I've seen the following online and CINCLANTHOME has shown it to me on Facebook. Yes, the economics lesson is coming with modification I'll be using the same material but as fact checked by "Snopes" since they did some fact checking. They do the same work as "Onyx" if that doesn't you can check them out yourselves.

Why did Hitler want the Ukraine? Or Russia after WWI? Or "Uncle Joe"
in his time enough so that 3+ million Ukrainians would die from famine? So, their people could get feed instead.

Just before the war it was found that the Ukraine was rich in other natural resources. So, besides the above I'll give what I believe is the rest of the story long term beyond the ego and the past glory of the Soviet Union to be reborn.

You to look at this as I have from a somewhat purely economic perspective by coupling the following based on what you know or think you know about Russia's natural resources. For instance, Russia is the world's 3rd largest producer of oil in the world accounting for 12% -15% of the world's supply based on source.

So now to Ukraine:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wh...kraine-matter/
https://www.emsnow.com/ukrainian-rus...ys-trendforce/

Toyota and I believe, it was Ford will be closing down their USA plants next week for 1 and 2 weeks respectively. Why? Lack of global supply of computer chips that has recently worsened and not from Covid-19 that caused the issue in the first place ~1.5 yrs. ago.

I'm not afraid at all to say that very recently a much more narrowed trend of political views have started to pop up. Which quite frankly, I personally don't appreciate.

When I see pictures of Mariupol, Ukraine I think of the images of London, Hannover (Where my mom lived through MANY bombings as a preteenager.), Cologne, Dresden, Toyko and their more modern counterparts.

My point is, it's nice to be in our homes while others have lost theirs and others as well.

Let's try to keep the politics out of this.

It's damm hard enough to just get reasonable data and information as it is, without having to deal with the rest.

To Andy and Don if I've overstepped my bounds, I extend my apologies.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 26th, 2022 at 11:06 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: