View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2022, 12:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Updates in light of Ukraine war

As retired Submariner with 20 yrs. experience, I feel it is my duty to point out two simple facts...
1. Dons picture of the reclassed new MOSKVA Submarine Class for one, to have the bow located in what would normally be the stern is just not a good idea, I'd be jumping off the "boat" as well!?!

That picture shows how a submarine would look like surfacing on a "low pressure blow" bow first. But the bow I guess is the stern, so they put the engine and screws in the front!?! Mr. Putin you need to send your designers to either Siberia or the Ukrainian Front!!

Second obviously the crew was rushed through Submarine School as they somehow forgot to check the box for ensuring all the hatches were secured prior to the dive IAW the Rig for Dive Bill Checklist!!! Yes we had those and more.

They failed in the basic axiom of "having ONE more surfacing then dives. The proper way as I experienced on the USS NEBRASKA SSBN-739(G) which was of my last boat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF8JKkRo5fk

Also, they miserably failed in damage control. What every submariner trains for starting in Sub School Groton, Ct. and while on any boat you serve on there after.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ycDINNZHBw
I was 23 when I joined the Navy and went there.

If I were a Russian Submariner serving on one of the other two surviving MOSKVA Class Submarines, I'd request transfer to the Ukrainian Front, maybe better Siberia instead.

I need to go to work, have a good day.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 16th, 2022 at 10:56 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: