Thread: Empires
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Empires

2405.1 – Ariane-Space finally makes good on its promise to deliver a deployment system for their new DSB system. They also provide the plans for a ship; the Evansville Class Corvette [CT] (not attached but can be upon request). The CT is a 160kT hull design, old technology but useful for this purpose and most importantly it will only take 2 months for a Wyoming to build one. Cost is not a factor for the Republic; the challenge is always in build time. The first in a series of colony ships has been completed this month and sent to the Epsilon Ceti System which contains 3 habitable and 5 hostile planets; 8 prime colony sites in one system! It will take years to completely populate and build up the system; however, once complete it is sure to become the most powerful single solar system in the Republic. Also completed this month is the TRNS Galaxy; Admiral Derek wastes no time in introducing himself to his ship captain, assembling his command staff, and setting up his command center. Once fully settled in he gives Kana a buzz:
Derek: “Good day Sky Marshal.”
Kana: “Good day Derek, I assume you are settled in and fully prepared for business?”
Derek: “Yes Sky Marshal. Do you have any marching orders for me; maybe a cruise out to the Epsilon Ceti System? Show the colonist the Republic Navy is always present and ready to defend them.”
Kana: “That sounds fine Admiral, you may fly your flag as you see fit. Return here before the end of the year. Is there anything else Admiral?”
Derek: “Just one thing. I wanted to take this opportunity; Sky Marshal, to point out that I now have 7 of the most powerful warships the Republic has ever conceived and built under my direct command. I now have enough fire power to burn every planet in the Republic into radioactive dust and not even have to stop to take on ammo. So; with all do respect Sky Marshal, the next time you want to threaten my family please remember that even one of my nukes would be overkill for your little office; Derek out.” Cutting the comm line Derek leans back in his command couch: That felt good. Pushing another set of buttons the vid screen jumps to life again but this time the face of a handsome young man appears. “Captain Ward please set course for the Epsilon Ceti system and issue the same order to the rest of the fleet.”
CPT Ward: “Yes Sir immediately, where in the system are we going?”
Derek: “At your discretion my fine Captain. Oh and do me one last favor if you please. After issuing the order run a full diagnostic on all commo equipment. That should take a few hours to complete.” Derek severs the connection and settles even further into his couches cushions: Yes, that felt very good.