View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2015, 12:50 PM

Corporal

Grant1pa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reindeer Games: Blood and Snow

Thanks for the input Tomas!

I adjusted the TO&E for the Finnish infantry by adding some additional AT to them allowing for carrying. I thought of putting some ordinance caches into the mix but felt that it would be a little too complex for the scenario. I'll think about that.

I really appreciate the info/site on the current TO&E for the Russian units. My sources are dated to the 60's to 90's and the source you gave me will be useful.

I agree with the selection of the T62M1V. It was a quick choice to give some play balance due to the armor heavy assault against a pure infantry defense. I still have a few days of leave left and I'll look at updating the armor to a more accurate depiction of the OPFOR.

Thanks again, truly appreciated.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
My recommendations/ideas:

- Ammo! Finnish guys would hit and run, if they had some ammo for their AT weaponry. Perhaps some small central ammo dump or section with tracked carriers would definitely help. Most of the units were without ammo after first contact and didn't have any chance to replenish it and strike again later on.

- Just technical note - the Russian division mentioned in briefing was disbanded during the Russian army reforms, some other unit should be used (not totally recent OOB, but not old either baummil.org/RussianArmedForces.html)

- Regarding T-62M1V as MBT to do the decisive breakthrough to win the campaign for Russia -- sounds too desperate even for me.