Thread: Range doubling
View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2020, 09:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Range doubling

I was getting "flashbacks" from a "former" member of the SPMBT Forum. I try not to comment much in here, as I'm too busy in the other, however, since I paid for this game as well, I like to look in once in awhile.

This was insanity to me, I'm not a software/programmer kind've guy but, with that being said, I can certainly "read between the lines" and I saw an OOB Equipment "train wreck" on the horizon.

For one thing there is no time to be side tracked I what see as a misadventure.

We have 5 years to get both these games into the best possible shape we can.

I feel with the conversion to Win that Andy and Don might still be able to pull a "rabbit out of the hat" and "tweak" the code a little more out of the engine.

And with the OOB's we have more work then we know, as I've been finding out these last few years just in fixing "legacy" issues, let alone keeping up on current and future "current" equipment that might "see the light of day".

I respect the "passion" I've driven Don "mad" enough with both meanings of that word with mine. But I feel I've always been able to see the "bigger picture" in the end. In my small part out here is to provide the most accurate details I can to get any said equipment entered, modified or deleted to benefit the player.

I hope you noticed my choice for the "last word" in the last sentence.

As suggested modify it the way you want, offer it to the players and get the players feedback from it and be flexible enough to listen and adjust your mod as necessary.

But with respect, I submit in the "big picture" and the time constraints that we're under, I can't see it or support it, because for me I don't have the time for that kind've OOB work.

After all it's all about "OW/O/OOB" because the world's a big place!

I'll be going back across the street now!

We need more ME-G-MOES how about a Submarine one, can we at least do that around here!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..