View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2010, 07:36 PM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Veteran Dom3/2 player returning; New veterans-only MP game proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Hehe, Figment was indeed a fun one but you've got to go back a good deal further for the one I was talking about (my first mp dom3 game)

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=30896

Gah, rereading that thread reminds me how nice it is to have the llamaserver now.
Yes, I know, I remember that one as well. 2006, huh? Man, it's been a while...
You did very well there as well, for your first game, surviving to the endgame. I have also re-read parts of that thread after you've posted a link to it here. I have to say that you tend to write great comments and AARs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz
...Baalz said (back in 2006):
Hmmm, for some reason the rest of my scattered jaguar warriors have all chosen the martyr's path as well. They seemed...uncomfortable with the idea of returning to report a cowardly retreat to the red god. Nonetheless, I will heed your advice and withdraw. Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced all my leaders in the area, so I have no way to recall my wayward troops. Pay no attention to the large army marching towards your capital, this is just the honor guard of the king I sent to collect these troops, and he is VERY honorable.

To Graeme Dice&Baalz: How is this Llamaserver working for you guys? Unless I am mistaken, this is essentially PBEM with some simple webbased UI showing you which nations have submitted their turn and which not, right? Can you automate email turn submission somehow?