Thread: Multiverse Mod
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

When you look at the Cosmowing on your bay, you will not see the fighters it contains. But when you use the 'Long range Scanner' and the Cosmowing is in flight you will see that it contains two Bullet fighters (bullet-1 and bullet-2). As any enemy approaches it will release the fighters just as any carrier do. It can only release one fighter at a time, so once one bullet is destroyed, and then it releases the second assuming that the Cosmowing Fighter Bay is not damaged.
It is not perfect since fighters never return back to their carriers since the AI carriers never recall back their ships. This means that if this Bullet survives it will just remains in space, while the Cosmowing can be recalled, re-launch and have more Bullets out.
The thing is that thanks to this the Arcadia can actually have 3 fighters out, plus an extra bullet making it 4!
The Bullets are really the weakest fighters the Arcadia posses. One uses two Energy Cannons and the other uses two Light Missiles. Also it is good to know that these Light missiles just like the Arcadia's side cannons (Sea Galeon Energy Cannons) can bypass shields.

The ram is a risky maneuver. You have to do some math before deciding to use it. Ram damage capacity + front armor vs. enemy shields + armor. Usually it can take out one Zentradi scout but I would not attempt a second ram since by then all the Arcadia's front Armor is gone.
On the TV show the Arcadia has a retractable weapon that someone called ‘The Big Freakin Bayonet’. I was trying to recreate something similar and what you see is my version.