View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2021, 09:50 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: M4 Carbine Range question

Real World Stats
AK-47 effective range POINT target 350 meters (7 hexes, game listed it at 8)
AK-74 effective range POINT target 500 meters ( 10 hexes, game has it at 8)

For an Area target, AK-47 had 550 meters (11 hexes)
For the AK74 on an Area Target, it's 800 meters (16 hexes)

This is based on each hex being 50 meters.

The US M16 has 500 meters for a point target and 800 meters for an Area target. Now the Max range is 3600 meters. So in the game, it has 9 hexes

The M4 Carbine has 500 meters effective point target which would be 10 hexes, area target is 700 meters (15 hexes).

So what I have found is that things are somewhere in the realm of reality fo the AKs and so what NOT for the M16/M4.

Now could it be that originally the info for CAR-15 was given to you or to SSI for the M4 and no one caught because no one was worried about infantry battles post-1995? I don't know, but I do know that you guys go on the defensive really quick when we the ones who keep playing and supporting the game ask questions or point out issues or things we find that just don't add up.

I get it, you guys have put TONS of work into this and sure I know it sucks to be told things are messed up and I know you can't please all of us, but really, getting mad that it's point out?

If there is a valid reason the ranges do not reflect real life when they can be for some things then just point that out and explain why, I asked a simple question to get an understanding, it's not like I asked you to revamp the entire system or to add in a better way to show all the optics and laser targeting and all that fancy cool but hardly used stuff.

Also, as you said we have MobHack to make adjustments, thus in all reality it's an easy fix for me to make the changes on my end and for you to keep them as they are for the OFFICAL OOBs. I don't play very many PBEM games or tournaments anyway so I am all good to make the changes I feel are needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karagin For This Useful Post: