View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2021, 03:06 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: M4 Carbine Range question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
by the way USMC started switching to M4s in 2015 so the USMC OOB is not reflecting that,
Not sure where you got your info but the USMC never switched from the M16 to the M4 en mass like the US Army did.

Yes, they used M4s, when available (usually borrowed from the US Army) during certain urban situations, and many people that would have normally been issued a handguns used M4s because they're more compact then a full size M16 (officers and senior NCOs can pretty much draw any weapon they like, during Gulf I at various times I carried and M16, M9, M1911, and an M870). Marine Recon generally uses M4s because if they do their job right they never shoot at anyone and they have enough other gear to carry they need to cut weight when and wherever possible. But outside the mid east everyone still used M16s, and these days M27s. To the USMC the M4 is a niche weapon not a general issue one.

And I apologize if you feel I was in any way "pushing back" I was simply trying to explain why the ranges are what they are in WinSPMBT.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: