View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM

BANNED USER

raygun is on a distinguished road

A unit either has a radio or it doesn't

The radio is either working each turn, or it is not.

If the radio is not working at the beginning of the turn, what is the point of 'radio contact'? Wouldn't that be a red R or *?

What the heck is yellow anything? I could speculate that a yellow * means its too loud - or far away - to hear voice comms w/100% accuracy. But I don't even konw if yellow star is possible (sounds like an exe hack).

I see 'probabilities' brought into the mix several times. When do these 'probabilities' manifest themselves?

If I have a star I don't have a radio. What color is my star? I guess it would depend how far away from the boss I'd be, eh? If I have a star and I'm 6 hex away from my boss, the star be red. Mooo?

Let me ask: is it possible to have a red R and be 2 hex away from the boss?

I pretty much understand EVERYTHING after this statement:

Quote:
Radio contact works anywhere on the map. Voice contact works within 5 hexes. EITHER will make a unit "in contact." I have units 200 hex from their CHQ and are white R (in contact). I have units that are yellow R.
I'm fully cognizent that a * means you aint got a radio to be even getting any bars whatsoever; if you're farther than 4 hex from the bossman, you're on your own w/respect to rally. So what is a yellow R in the context of rally? What else does 'contact' (or lack thereof) have to do with anything except for rally? I understand that the player can turn a unit over to AI and CHQ experience plays a role in that then (so radio / verbal comms link may be important there).

It almost seems as if I'm hearing: Don't worry 'bout nuthin but red anything. As long as it aint red, you're good.

Last edited by raygun; August 6th, 2010 at 06:20 PM..