View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:52 PM

Private

The_Think_Tanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abadan Peninsula Black Screen - Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Let us be clear here.... are you testing the modified map I posted or the original ( text on /off>?

Don't really care about the original any longer the mod I posted is the only one. I know it works for me but so did the original. Andy has not tested my change yet. You say......" your solution appears to of worked" then go on and say "but I cannot seem to "cure" the text on this map like Andy did" which seems to indicate you are still using the original.

Andys test for map text on and off was what I suggested needed to be tested but that is now old news

Not interested in how the original reacts any longer, just the mod I posted
Both. I tested both the original with text off/on as Andy suggested, and after that did not work I tested your file, which did not work. After that I also tried following Andy's instructions on the file you posted, which also did not work.

So far the only thing which has worked is turning off the map text, and keeping it off. This works on both the original map and on your map file that you posted. However, if I turn on the map text again at any time for either file the black screen returns.

That is what I meant by the "partial solution," as turning off map text works but I cannot keep it off (as it loads back in when editing a new scenario). And that the file you posted seemed to have no difference of result compared to the original file, as both would give a black screen unless the map text was turned off.