View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2022, 05:44 PM

Private

The_Think_Tanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abadan Peninsula Black Screen - Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
OK then all the old text needs to be removed and new text put in it's place. Somewhere there is a rogue "invisible" that is making your and Andys game unhappy......why mine is OK with it remains a mystery but it's the text that's the problem and I cannot test this the long way as it works for me
I've gone through, deleted all the old strings through '#' and recreated them in the same location and with the same names. I did change the spelling of "Persisn Gulf" to "Persian Gulf," though.

This map now seems to work with those text edits, I've attached the new map files to this post and to verify that you have the 'edited' map I've left a "Text Edited By: Thinky" in the bottom-right corner of the map as a proof mark so you can know that it is the 'new' map file. I don't intend for this to stay in the final version of our tweaks, but I just wanted to leave that there for now so we can all make sure we've got the same file.

With this edited map file I've not encountered any black screen bug in the scenario editor, deployment screen, or similar. Though more testing will be done on my end to verify that the black screen bug won't reappear.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Abadan_Fixed_Text_v1.zip (109.2 KB, 57 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Think_Tanker For This Useful Post: