View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2023, 07:18 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players

It would appear that for currently unknown reasons some people can just tap the 8 key and after a brief pause the vehicle will reverse but some people have to hold the key down until the vehicle reverses.... WHY ? IDK but all PC's are different and there are multiple ways even win 10 could be running on different machines depending on if auto updates are allowed.

All I know for 95% certainty is when Andy first coded this we both observed the same behaviour and now we don't but he's now using a newer computer with win 11 and I'm using an older one with win 10 and that *might* be part of the reason........or not. I have found with repeated tests on a bare summer map that in many/most cases I only need to hold the 8 key down for at most a second before the vehicle reverses but I have seen it delay up to a 15 count

Weirdness

THAT SAID I turned my machine on this morning and was informed I could restart to update the OS and I have found over and over that if my machine starts to act a bit odd there's a windows update coming so it was with great interest that after the update I tried reversing tanks again but the result was much the same but I did not have any the require a really long press

Weirdness

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....