View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:59 PM

Private

DennisS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Questions

Yeehaw!

This next fight, in northern Somaliland, should be fun!

I won another excellent battle, another meeting engagement, and repaired up my troops.

Now, the 'puter tells me I have an "advance" mission. Wide open terrain, two clusters of victory hexes.

I have some 3 pound mortars...and only a couple of decent tanks. This is 8/40, and I am not seeing much in the way of tanks to this point.

So....I did what Monty would do...I purchased and entire battery of heavy artillery, and shall, in the immortal words of Gen. Curtis Lemay, "make the rubble dance."

I favor artillery for these sorts of advance missions...I am comfortable that he isn't going anywhere, and my moving troops MAY be less susceptible to his artillery. Counter-battery fire is a whole, 'nuther story. That happened in my last battle. I should consider the ol' shoot-n-scoot.

I also purchased four more tanks, and another company of infantry, with AT guns included.

Nary a tree in sight, moving over nice, smooth ground. My plan is to advance to contact, and shell each position in turn. Get yer earplugs ready, Tommy!

Thanks for the info. I LOVE this game!

Last edited by DennisS; December 15th, 2008 at 12:01 AM..