Old December 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM

Private

DennisS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RERomine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Joining a club is then the sensible thing to do as most have ranking systems so you can pick a low level player & work your way up.
Then you can start to wonder where your life went
DennisS, what was your branch of the service? Your experience should translate well into the game. It's just a matter of learning the mechanics of the game so you can take what you know and make it happen in the game.
I am fond of telling folks that I wasn't in the military, I was in the Air Force. Not really fair, as there were (are) many warrior types. Having said that, I oftentimes felt that I should have been a platoon sergeant, taking care of my troops.

I like to play chess. Chess is all strategy, and no luck. Games with luck are not as challenging to me. I appreciate that there is a lot of luck inherent in combat...but you can maximize "luck" through proper training and planning.

As a former chess player, it was considered bad form to talk up your game. Here, I have ten posts. I am a noob. Doesn't matter what my background is, I have to pay my dues.

I am more than willing, once I get a handle on the game mechanics, to allow myself to get whupped like a rented mule. Sounds like fun!