View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2020, 11:10 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

Turn 7 start
Have moved scout & MG for a look as shown, ATG going there.

Jumping straight in with no plan may cost me now looked I think the South force will be the arty magnet.
Its pretty wide open so guessing AI has eyes that can see vehicles at least.
No transport to quickly relocate so it misses is going to be a problem, still it will take the heat off the top force & let them do their thing.
South force is only just clearing the fords apart from the scouts, truck made it over the ford but ended up wasting smoke to block MG fire at it. Other is going to collect FOO & MG I think he will be needed West of the stream.

Air strike killed scouts 250/11 here hence think it has eyes on me.
The Aux scout & his Kubelwagen are trouble magnets they were the target of the other airstrike.
Was worried about air have been using AA to help break out of the box need to stop now. Did manage to damage one Aircobra in the attack 21% hit way to go.

Exiting the box up North went better than expected - high grass blocked vision from the tanks situated there.
If the Armoured Infantry had unloaded here instead we would be in real trouble.
Lead squad took a hit for the team to place smoke & let the tanks operate, Pz Gren's swooped in to protect in AI's turn.
Unloading sniper there was an accident he is probably dead.

ATG did well killing & damaging the M10s, StuG in woods took out the other - only tank there that could short move.
Rest helped the group SE of the trees take out the ATGs & other units there.
Purple lines show only units with LOS apart from to underlined squad who obviously has a lot of heat on him.
MkIII did try to take out an M5 but they bounced. 15 range which is about the max I think for any chance of damage.

US tanks MG can see were hit by arty & are M3's so engaging as gun pen is only 8, others are M5 lights.

Using MkIII 5cm compared to MkIV,s as reminded of their issues in my view.
Ambush machines really 14 hex (9 once the APCR) is gone against most targets - less for reliable damage.
Benefits - Accurate gun & higher ROF (3 have 5 shots) means more accurate overall at short range - helps the ambush role, better armour package.
Downsides - Medium > Long range can only kill transport & armoured cars, poor infantry round & no smoke round.

I can see the smoke being a real issue tanks were only issued with 3 rounds on average. We might have to take a leaf out of the US playbook & risk bringing the SP mortars up for direct support later.