View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hiro_Antagonist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GreenGoose vs Sammas

Well, the expiration phase can be kind of confusing. It works like this:

(From the tutorial) 'At the end of each player's turn during the "Expiration Phase", any Status Effects on units owned by that player have their Durations reduced by 1. When the Duration on a Status Effect is reduced to 0, that Status Effect "expires" and goes away.'

So if you give a Duration:1 status effect to one of *your own* units, (Second Wind for example), then at the end of YOUR turn, the duration will be reduced to 0 and the effect will go away.

But if you give a Duration:1 status effect to one of *your opponent's* units, (Paralyze, for example), then at then end of your OPPONENT'S turn the duration will be reduced to 0 and the effect will go away.

Another way to think of it is simply that for status effects that you give to your own units, the current turn counts as 1 turn of the Duration. Other than that, the whole system should be pretty intuitive.

So Stoneskin (Duration:2, applied to a friendly unit) would go away after your next turn. (this turn=1, next turn=2.)

And Downpour (Duration:3, applied to an enemy unit) would go away after 3 enemy turns, with its duration dropping by one at the end of the opponent's turn because it's on an enemy unit.

As for the +2 Armor not showing up when the unit had the Stoneskin status effect, that's a very serious bug if true. I've tried on my side to reproduce it, but it seems to work right in the scenarios I've tried. If you can reproduce this bug, please send me a screenshot! Just select the unit, hover over the unit's Armor stat, and take the screenshot. That should show the status ability icon on the unit and also show the stat card for the Armor stat w/ all modifiers.

You can take a screenshot of a window by holding down the ALT key and pressing the 'print screen' key on your keyboard. You can then go into a paint program (like MSPaint) and press Ctrl-V to paste it. You can then save it and voila, there's you're screenshot!

-Hiro_Antagonist