View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.3, updated documentat

Agreed. The price reduction is small.

But I am not a noob, and I gladly pay the 100 points at times for the ML. Heck he was in the Hall of Fame in the 1st Big Game with 65 Nations for a long time. Shadow Blast and Banefire plus he can't die in his own dominion. And the Master Lich with astral/death combo can be quite evil, as you get risk free magic duels.

Similarly, Tyrant has played in many mp games. While there may be room for debate on his value, there is at least a strong consensus of players that favor him even at 100 points.

So my only thought is why mess with what is not clearly out of whack? We are in total agreement that many many pretenders cost way too much and are never used. And that is the appeal to me of the pretender portion of the CBM.

But I would resist the temptation to lower the value of pretenders that many expereinced mp use at the base cost. And I think the ML is the only one. So it is not a big deal.

As I mentioned to Coobe, the breadth of this mod is tremendous, and no one is going to be pleased with every single aspect of it. There is likely no other mod that has had the amount of work devoted to it. And maybe it will prompt changes.

I do think the Worthy Heroes Mod has prompted a change in thinking, as I recently observed the Agartha vanilla heroes look very Worthy! And I noted KO's comment in Kingmaker that there likely is no need to upgrade the new races heroes, as
they are tough as well.

In fact WH is so commonly used, even Edi thought one of the heroes that had been enabled in the WH mod was also enabled in the vanilla game.

So mods can serve as a testing ground, or beta test if you will. And if they work exceedingly well, then parts of them may be adopted into the base game.