View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:15 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3000 v0.81 - lots of new indies, new map (using the brand new map comma

Yep! That is indeed the problem. Back when I made that map I think there were only 7 playable nations. And the large planets seemed to me like the only fair start locations for the majority of races. So that's where I set start locations to. Apparently Aezeal also wanted the cluster of planets in the top right to be a start location for one player. Probably the thing to do is try setting specstarts for two of the 9 nations. These should be the bugs and the orks. Give those two some of the worse start locations, and it will sort of balance them since they're the strongest nations anyway. Not that it will really matter since the computer doesn't know how to play either nation properly, so it makes them a lot weaker than they should be. But at least if you played one of the two it'd get a little bit less silly.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP